Series: Trials and Triumph
Standing In Athens
September 13, 2020 | Rev. Dr. Brian Howard
Passage: Acts 17:16-34
- The R_____________________. (v. 18-21)
Q: Where does Jesus fit in your life? Is he the one and only Savior, or merely a “strange thing” or “new teaching” to be dabbled in?
- The R______________________. (v.22-31)
- God is M_________________, Not M_________________. (v.24-25)
- God is S____________________. Not S____________________. (v.26)
- God is H___________________., Not H_____________________. (v. 27)
Q: Is there anything in Paul’s “rubric” that is new to you? Or, is his teaching about God already a part of your faith in Christ?
- The R_______________________. (v.27-31)
Q: Can you think of any examples of secular storytelling that reflects Christian themes? In what way can these point to a greater truth about Jesus Christ?
- The R_______________________. (v.32-34)
Q: How would you have reacted at the Areopagus? With mocking? Asking, “let me think about it…?” Wanting to “join and believe?”