Series: All Together Now (Church Membership)
Belonging to the Body
July 18, 2021 | Rev. Dr. Brian Howard
- The Church is Christ’s_________. (Ephesians 5:31b-32)
- The Church is Christ’s_________. (Ephesians 1:23)
- The Church is God’s __________. (Ephesians 2:19b)
- The Church is God’s “_______ _______.” (Ephesians 2:21)
- Is Spurgeon’s “brick” metaphor too harsh, or is there a challenging point to consider? How does it (or does it not) apply to you?
- Are you a member of the church you attend? If yes, in what ways do you live out your membership? If not, what’s holding you back?
Modern believers often take pride in individualism and a one-on-one relationship with Jesus. But Scripture is filled with examples of how we should also belong to a Body of Christ, i.e. join a church as a faithful, active member joining in ministry to the local community.